Re: Noarchivelog 11.2.0.1 Restart

  • From: Ed Long <rdhm99a@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 11:24:44 -0800 (PST)

I cannot explain this feature and is part of why I reached out to this group.
As noted previously, the restore works just fine including the table space that
won't come online which suggests that the error is software not hardware.
I spent a couple of hours on Friday reading the fine manual and it states
pretty clearly that one has to be able to do a recover after a noarchivelog
level 0 restore even if there are no logs required. To me, this is nonsensical
as a clean level 0 backup should be good enough as one respondent noted.
I will have to chat up Oracle support to get any further.
Packers and Jets!
Thank you all for the assist.
Edward Long