Re: Noarchivelog 11.2.0.1 Restart

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rdhm99a@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 08:01:10 +0000

Hi ed,

I didn't see your original restore script. Given that you have autobackups,
I'd expect it to issue a set until time, then restore controlfile from
autobackup followed by the restore db and recover noredo. Apologies if
that's what you did

On 26 Jan 2011 23:19, "Ed Long" <rdhm99a@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After a bunch more thinking and reading I found something that works.
shutdown immediate;
startup nomount;
restore controlfile from
'C:\oracle11g\flash_recovery_area\orcl\backupset\2010_12_21\O1_MF_NCSNF_TAG20101221T175022_6k2D4NSM_.BKP';
startup mount;
startup open resetlogs;

In short, it appears that I had to specify the location of the backup piece
that contained the controlfile backup even though list backup could see it.
It appears that backup database under most scenarios will backup the control
files.
Autobackup did not help.

So now, I need to write a script such that all future restores are point and
shoot as much as I've enjoyed this experience.

Thank you all for the great assistance and kind indulgence.
Edward Long

From: Ed Long <rdhm99a@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To: "De DBA" <dedba@xxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 1:30 PM