Re: NO Oracle Support

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, howard latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 05:24:41 -0800 (PST)

While the Oracle Support machine can be difficult to deal with sometimes, if
you
are getting really bad support there are things you can do. First, ask to have
your case duty managed. This will accelerate the level of support. If you are
not happy with your analyst, then ask for a new one.

If you are still not happy with support, call your sales rep and tell them
what's going on. They can usually back channel some priority to your case to
support. We do this all the time in my group (granted, some of our customers
are
pretty well known!)

Another thing you can do is socialize with Oracle people. This takes time, but
as you meet Oracle people, get their cards, know who they are, who they work
for
and be prepared to pull strings left and right The sales organization, in
particular, can be an effective lever to pull when you are under the gun and
need help ASAP.

 Robert G. Freeman
Master Principal Consultant, Oracle Corporation, Oracle ACE
Author of various books on RMAN, New Features and this shorter signature line.