Re: NO Oracle Support

  • From: "Amaral, Rui" <Rui.Amaral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jpiwowar@xxxxxxxxx'" <jpiwowar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:43:58 -0500

Same here in ontario.

From: John Piwowar [mailto:jpiwowar@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:40 AM
To: Amaral, Rui
Cc: pjhoraclel@xxxxxxxxx <pjhoraclel@xxxxxxxxx>; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NO Oracle Support

I know that anecdotes aren't evidence, but I've seen quite a few posts on job
boards up here in Vancouver, BC  in recent months for level II and III  Oracle
Support analysts.  That's quite different from the year and a half prior to
midsummer 2010.  One can hope that means that they're trying to staff up to
meet demand, and not replacing burned-out people. :-)

Regards,

John P.

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 5:27 AM, Amaral, Rui
<Rui.Amaral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Rui.Amaral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I agree with Peter as well with the addition that Oracle has increased their
customer based beyond the point that support can handle. The reason I think
this is that Oracle has been (or still is) on a hiring spree because they can't
keep up with demand or so I have been told (and seen elsewhere). Someone
mentioned that they have gotten too big... Maybe they are not big enough to
handle demand leading bad prioritization?