Re: Increasing certifications on oracle database, could increase reliability on dbas

  • From: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "stephen booth" <stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:26:46 -0400

Thanks Stephen and every one,

I don't like certification, I prefer to read it, I never studied
programming, but I work and have a good position as programmer and designer.

But on oracle 7 we couldn't solve our problems,so I decided to certify as a
previous step before thinking to migrate to sqlserver.
The ocp
certification really helped me, it was the ocp certification plus tom
kyte who helped me to solve my problems of performance.

If I certify is not because this makes me know all that I need, but this is
really a good point it helps me
to keep important concepts I could miss and forces me to memorize some
basic concepts, I like it.

Now if there is people
who only study to certify and don't have some curiosity to learn more
reading other materials, this is other topic.

In few words what I want to say is based on my experience
"If you are a dba who likes to read, and you get the certification you get
benefited from it, and I'm not talking about certification I'm talking about
a better understanding and confidence"

For me is important and I'm going to certify, and if there would be a
certification for enterprise edition features, advanced plsql function
(really advanced functions), etc. I would try to get certified because I
find it positive for my performance as dba.

:)