Re: Increasing certifications on oracle database, could increase reliability on dbas

  • From: john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:57:30 -0400

Juan, luckily we do not have to agree on this matter.

The world is large and there is room for a number of different approaches.
I do not see what there is to dis-agree with in the presentation that
Dennis put forward. It is his view of the way that DBAs can develop and
learn and possibly a means of defining the level of a DBA. I disagree with
some of the points on page 11 but I accept that is his view and that is
fair enough.

We are not al the same and some people have different learning speeds and
abilities and well as willingness to learn.   Nobody is sugegsting you
need to become an OCM. It is not something I would even consider because
you have to attend Oracle courses and as I fund myself that is not likely
to happen. Just do what you need to do and is within your capabilities to
become the best DBA you can.

Good luck

John

EDS - EMEA Integration Engineering / ABN AMRO Account
Location: Floor 3 Paalbergweg

Desk Phone +31 (0) 203434075

Thanks, but sorry I don't agree fully with you.

This message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged.
If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail
and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised use or dissemination
of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that
e-mails are susceptible to change. ABN AMRO Bank N.V, which has its seat at
Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and is registered in the Commercial Register under
number 33002587, including its group companies, shall not be liable for the
improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. ABN
AMRO Bank N.V. (or its group companies) does not guarantee that the integrity
of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free
of viruses, interceptions or interference.