Re: Impressing your boss

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 17:11:02 +0000

my favorite metric is percent done. This way managers can fill out there MS
Project Plans with ever increasing numbers. Ever notice that projects that are
in a hurry to increment percent done, spend 90% of their time being 90% done?
your often better off sitting at 10% done, nailing down the requirements and
design, then continuing on. You can often get the work done faster and it costs
less to maintain.

how many times have i heard 'we don't have time for design, just start coding'.
I think its partially because the client wants to see 'milestones' and you can
have alot of coding milestones(and you may get a bonus for reaching milestones
early)... even if the code is bad and the application doesn't work.