RE: Impressing your boss

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BSpears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:51:06 -0400

Brian,

        As I hear it that company was known for unintelligible
mumbo-jumbo which caused the resulting troubles.

        What should you do to impress your boss?  Nothing.  You got the
job didn't you?  Therefore you've already impressed him/her.  Now get on
with what they hired you for, a nice stable, predictable, and error free
database.  In our profession sometimes "silence is golden".=20

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA