Re: IFILE directive for tnsnames.ora

  • From: Vit Spinka <vit.spinka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:50:54 +0100

Hi Uwe,

I also did not find any reference in the docs.
As far as I remember, it does not work as well as the INIT.ORA
counterpart - for example, I could nest the IFILE= only once in
TNSNAMES.ORA (and the docs says you can have three levels in INIT.ORA).

Vit

Dne 12.1.2011 11:14, Uwe Küchler napsal(a):
Hi Norman,

ok, that was the section of the docs that I found as well. But in my
eyes it is only about the database init params, not about the networking
params. Maybe I'm picky, but in my opinion this parameter should be
documented in the networking docs as well (like
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14212/toc.htm),
because
in this context it's not exactly an "init parameter".

Thus, I am still worried if I could recommend the use of this feature to
customers (means: not documented -->  maybe gone tomorrow, even though it
works today).

Well, I'll probably change my ER to a "don't deprecate this"-request and
a "please document this"-request, then. :-)

However: I've learnt something today - thanks to you, folks!
Kind regards,
Uwe