Re: 11gR2 smart flash cache

  • From: Steve Harville <steve.harville@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:35:50 -0500

I have not tried this setting but I do have some experience with
Oracle on flash drives.
We are an EMC shop so most I/O is already cached (all writes and all
sequential reads). The system cannot cache random reads so that is
where I use flash drives. The temp tablespace can benefit the most
from flash drives since it exhibits this read pattern. If "direct
reads" are a large part of your total wait time then you can probably
benefit from moving temp to flash.

Steve Harville

http://www.linkedin.com/in/steveharville