Re: How do Oracle DBA's look or behave like when they reach their golden years?

  • From: Johan Eriksson <valpis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:28:04 +0100

Perhaps not really there yet, just reached my 19th year with oracle :)

Everyday I learn something new about oracle, and there is still areas as a
DBA as I know I need to improve myself on. We have so many databases here
we face new things everyday and the developers release new codes every week
which means I have new things to learn (working mostly with performance
problems)

but grumpy, yes, more and more...Feels like we see people do the same
mistakes over and over. New people, the same old mistakes.

But i still have 25 more years to work, could easily do this many more
years (unless going postal over some bad code) :)