Re: EM Grid Control-Sql Advisor

  • From: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drp4kri@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:28:49 +0200

sql tuning adv never changes the SQL, it usually gives 3 types of
recommendations:

   1. add indexes
   2. gather stats
   3. profile: this is a bunch of hints giving the CBO more accurate
   stats about the SQL (e.g. cardinalities of some columns, ....)

It may give advices of type 1 and 3, and you can choose to implement either
or all of the advices that it gives.

rgds