Re: Quick question for UK-based DBAs about UKOUG Conf.

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gxallen@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:59:34 +0100

In terms of how big, who attends you could start with
http://conference.ukoug.org/default.asp?p=641 2500+ delegates makes it the
largest Oracle conference in EMEA. It also tends to attract some of the best
speakers anywhere - you can check the Agenda to see what I mean - but put it
this way there are at least a couple of timeslots where I cannot pick from 4
different concurrent sessions - the classic example, and most people on the
list will recognise these partcular names which is why I picked it, being
the extended sessions on the last afternoon. Hmmm... do I want to hear Pete
Finnigan talking about security, Jonathan Lewis on optimisation through
understanding, Kirti Deshpande on  Streams or Daniel Fink on performance
diagnosis? That's the sort of problem that UKOUG has thrown up each year
I've attended.

So I'd summarise by saying it's certainly big enough to satisfy an employer
it's a serious event, and the quality is certainly deep enough to satisfy
pretty much anyone interested in Oracle - and it's especially strong in the
Server Tech arena.

I have a (small) interest in that I'm co-chair of one of the UKOUG's SIGs
but would have made the same remarks in any case.

cheers

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield