EM Grid Control-Sql Advisor

  • From: "Dhimant Patel" <drp4kri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:26:36 -0400

Hi All,

*In short: *
Under 10g grid control, after running sql tuning advisor, I could see only
old and new explain plans and a button with "Implement" but no description
of
what tuning advisor is going to do in order to ac hive new explain plan. I
want to be able to see if
1> tuning advisor plans to modify the query AND/OR
2> add indexes/hints etc. So that I  can undo if need to manually.

At present I don't see this information is offered anywhere.

*In Long:*

I have an expensive query on which I ran SQL Tuning advisor under grid
control. Now looking under
   Database Instance:
<Name><http://fire.reis.com:1158/em/console/database/instance/sitemap?event=doLoad&target=reisprod.fire.reis.com&type=oracle_database&pageNum=1>
 >  Advisor
 > Central<http://fire.reis.com:1158/em/console/database/instance/advisorTasks?event=reload&target=reisprod.fire.reis.com&type=oracle_database&dbPageNum=1>
  >  *SQL Tuning Results:<Query_Name>* >  *Recommendations for SQL
ID:4wx9fm17gfhy8434*
I could see following sections.
SQL Text: Underneath my sql query.
Select Recommendation:
I have buttons with "Original Explain Plan" "Implement"  and a table with
last column "New Explain Plan" with link to new and old explain plan
compared.

How can I obtain this info?

-Thanks,
DP.