E-Business Suit errors

  • From: William Muriithi <william.muriithi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 13:46:26 -0500

Hello,

This is not a database issue, but I am posting here as I assume its likely some
of us may be managing E-Business suite. I have very little experience myself,
but have been trying to help one of our user. It look like the problem is
related to browser support, but not really certain. Could someone have come
across similar problem?

From E-Business landing page, we click on:

Invoice Batches - > Navigator – Company payable manager  -> View –>  Request,
enable  "All Requests"

Then, we highlight one of the request and click on Diagnostic  button.

Firefox fail with the error below:-

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://ebusiness-server.prod:8000/OA_CGI/FNDWRR.exe?temp_id=2247920657
Line Number 2019704, Column
30:<PARTY_TYPE_TAXPAYER_ID>¿¿*aX</PARTY_TYPE_TAXPAYER_ID>

Have checked MOS and googled extensively, but I have yet to find a solution.

IE8 on Window 7

On Window 7, IE 8 is unable to open any RTF files. It however work on firefox,
but the user seem to prefer to use IE. For example, from E-Business suite
landing page, we click:

 Invoice Batches - > Navigator – Company payable manager  -> View –>  Request,
 enable  "All Requests"

Then, we highlight one of the request and click  “View Output” button.

This should download the request and open it with Microsoft word (The output
being RTF). However nothing come up. I have placed the E-business address under
"Trusted pages", them lowered security to low. No luck, so I customized the
profile by switch off all remaining security. No luck, so at the process, I am
assuming Window 7 may not be supported. Is my assumption correct?

Pardon me if I do not come out clear, I have struggled figuring a better way to
convey a browser related errors.

Regards

William