RE: Duplicating 8.1.7 database to a scn

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Peter.Hitchman@xxxxxxxxxxx, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:31:27 +0800

Can you list the errors you get when attempting to use "set until time" ?

As Ruth as explained, NLS_DATE_FORMAT must be set in the OS before issuing the RMAN commands.
Hemant

At 05:13 PM Friday, Peter.Hitchman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the replies. The problem the "set until time" with Oracle 8.1.7 and Solaris is that it does not appear to work, well at least it doesn't on the set-up we have here! So that's why I wanted to use an scn, v$archived_log looks like the place to find it. Also using "set until logseq" is another option, I am trying that to see if it will work, since getting the sequence number for a archive log is easy.

Regards

Pete