RE: Duplicating 8.1.7 database to a scn

  • From: "Ruth Gramolini" <rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pjhoraclel@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:06:45 -0400

Pete,

To do a point in time recovery, you need to set you NLS_DATE_FORMAN to
mm-dd-yy:hh24:mi_ss in the OS before envoking rman.  With the auxiliary
database (clone) in nomount do a connect target..., connect auxiliary ...,
connect rcvcat .. and then the first line in the run command should be set
until time '09-02-2005:08:00:00'; for example.

If you want to know what scn you should use for a set scn look at v$log.  or
v$archived_log (specify the date you want if you want to find the scn for or
you will get a huge list).

HTH,
Ruth