RE: Duplicating 8.1.7 database to a scn

  • From: "Smith, Ron L." <rlsmith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pjhoraclel@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:30:06 -0500

SQL> archive log list?

        -----Original Message-----
        From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Hitchman
        Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:26 PM
        To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: Duplicating 8.1.7 database to a scn

        Hi,
        I need to duplicate an Oracle 8.1.7 database to a given point in
time. I have seen problems when trying to do this with the set command
specifying a date, but I have done it using an scn number when I got the
scn number from a duplication that did a full recovery.

        If I stop all transactions in the database how do I find out
what scn number to use? I have it in mind to archive the current log so
that all of the changes are in the redo stream,  will the most recent
archive log give me the scn number and if so where do I get this
information from.

        Thanks

        Pete