Re: Documentation for reasons to NOT use RAC?

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 15:07:47 -0700

I think this can easily be summed up as this:
Scalable applications/designs scale with Oracle RAC.  Non-scalable ones do not.

Or to put this in a different light:
If an application does not scale on Oracle RAC then it's likely that
it's not scaling as well as it could/should on just a single Oracle
instance.

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn