Re: Documentation for reasons to NOT use RAC?

  • From: Anupam Pandey <my.oralce@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yong321@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 10:12:48 +0530

Yong .
         Even if you dont specify the parallel hint in query, based on few
heuristics ORACLE calculates if this query should be run in parallel mode or
not and what the degree of parallelism it should have .Though this is
possible only if auto DOP is enabled .

The decision to use parallel execution and the DOP chosen are based on the
resource requirements of a statement. If the estimated elapse time for the
statement is less than PARALLEL_MIN_TIME_THRESHOLD (default is AUTO which
meaning 10 seconds) the statement will run serial.

Thanks ,
 Anupam