Re: Documentation for reasons to NOT use RAC?

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: warren.puziewicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:34:22 +0000

I guess my question would be how many SMP servers do you typically find you
have outgrown in the lifecycle of either the hardware (typically 3-5 years
in my experience) or the software (often less than that). The follow up
question is of course how many systems do the project sponsors suggest will
outgrow a single server in that lifetime :) .

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA