Re: Database in depth, by C.J. Date

  • From: Mario Cariggi <gelfand.transform@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:28:41 +0200

> for a "database professional" but, in
> my opinion, the author did shy away too much from using mathematics.
> Cary Millsap did not make such mistake.
> I don't want to keep this esteemed audience under suspense any longer:
> yes, I am a mathematician, with college
> in mathematics. The book is good, but it needs more math.

Hi Mladen,

I couldn't agree more with you. The bad=20
habit to avoid mathematical issues in many=20
books aimed to would-be 'experts' it is unbearable;
after all if you don't like mathematics, stay away=20
from technical job.

But anyway the book of C.J.Date it's very good, really.

Mario from (an obscurantistic country) Italy, Europe.

Regards.