RE: Data Guard question

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:15:52 -0400

Agreed-  I have done this a few times with 3 node Dataguard
configuration.  One thing to note is that your applications need to have
a correctly configured tnsnames.ora (or jdbc connect string) if you want
them to connect to the current primary node.    If one node is down,
then data will stack up on the primary until that node is brought back
up.  It should catch up as long as disk for archive logs is not
exhausted (or other speed limits are hit).