DR Exercise: Restoring a rac/hacmp oracle home to a non-rac non-clustered host.

  • From: fmhabash <fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 17:59:28 -0500

Hi all,
I have a situation where a client wants to exercise system DR recovery. The current system is RAC with IBM's HACMP. However, this DR exercise will be done using 100% backup/restore from tapes. The DR site host is a single node and will not be running HCAMP.

This scenario will not allow us to simply restore the current $ORACLE_HOME since it is RAC linked. Therefore, am left with resorting to one of these procedures to perform on the DR side ..

- install $ORACLE_HOME without RAC option and automate this installation.

- use a current non-RAC $ORACLE_HOME to clone to the DR side (given that os and run mode matches).

My inquiries are (given this exact scenario) ...
- are there any other options I missed.
- for those who done this before, are there any gotcha's or last minute surprises.

Thank you