Re: DR Exercise: Restoring a rac/hacmp oracle home to a non-rac non-clustered host.

  • From: Vasu Balla <appsdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 07:32:48 +0530

fmhabash wrote:
- restore the $ORACLE_HOME on the DR node and relink with the rac_off option.
- find an existing non-rac home and use it to clone to the DR node.
- prepare a silent install script to install a brand new $ORACLE_HOME without rac option.

I would like to exercise the first option. But, so far I did not see that it worked for those who tried it from my research.

Relinking with rac_off works for us. We do lot of RAC to non-RAC clonings this way. but our env is mostly Linux and Solaris.

vasu