Re: DR Exercise: Restoring a rac/hacmp oracle home to a non-rac non-clustered host.

  • From: krish.hariharan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:55:26 -0800 (PST)

The couple of issues I ran into and I think are procedural mistakes. The
first in specifiying the recovery point (multiple threads). The second
issue was in dealing with the open reset logs and doing that incorrectly
and mangling the redo thread information about the other instances. These
however were so close to real time that the recovery point was in the
online redo and had not yet been archived.

I have since successfully conducted several recoveries using time based
recovery. The one difference is that I restore the database as a single
instance for dev refresh in a RAC environment and convert it to RAC. I
have done the other way successfully (Standalone/FS to RAC/ASM) and so I
would expect this should be fine as well. These were with 10.2.0.3
RMAN/NetBackup.

-Krish