RE: Cluster file systems versus raw devices in Oracle RAC

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:12:49 +0800

Have you seen/implemented EFSCG for Oracle databases ?

At 03:51 AM Friday, Kevin Closson wrote:

If you want a single file served by multiple scalable NAS heads without
replication overhead, you have to use the EFS.CG. It is the
only product out there that does it.

I found the HP gateway with Google pretty quickly:
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/efs/

On 12/29/05, Kevin Closson < kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
what does "NFS of CFS" mean?  Exporting a CFS? Yeah, that's
being done. It's called the StorageWorks Enterprise File Server Clustered Gateway
by HP. Up to 16 nodes of scalable NFS with transparent NFS client failover in the
event a NAS head should fail. And when I say transparent, I mean it. Oracle
CRS, and database processes have no idea that the NAS head serviing up their
files has died.  Not exactly the typical filer experience. Yeah, I know you can "cluster"
and replicate filers. The HP EFS/CG requires no replication for this high availability/
scalability. Want to know how I know ?

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l