RE: Certification

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:39:48 -0400

I got my 9i certification a few years ago and when we upgrade to 10G in
my shop I will upgrade my cert.   What I got that was of the most value
was exposure to things Oracle could do that we didn't do in my present
environment.  This has helped me, over time, to participate in planning
sessions where different approachs to a problem are decided.   Everybody
in those meetings goes in with a solution based on their experience.   I
like to be able to answer the question, "Can Oracle do that?"  when
asked and the certification program broadened my knowledge of Oracle.

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Bureau of Information Technology
Pennsylvania Department of Health