Re: Certification

  • From: "Yavor Ivanov" <Yavor_Ivanov@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 11:11:54 +0300

        Well, it may sound strange, but I think getting AND regularly upgrading
OCP is worth it.

        Don't think I and some just-graduate student. I am Oracle DBA for 7
years. I was responsible for 12 Oracle servers most of the time. For the last
year I am working as a consultant, and I am consulting customers. I work with
lots of people, lots of data.

        And I think going for OCP is WORTH IT.

        The main thing about OCP is that you get to know about so many
possibilities. You can be successful DBA with knowing 30% of Oracle. You can be
absolutely successful Oracle 10g DBA with knowledge and practice of Oracle 8i.
But getting/upgrading OCP will get you to 80% of knowing the last Oracle
release. It will ease your life and your database users' life too.

        My (angry) 2 cents... :)

--
Regards,
Yavor Ivanov