RE: Books to suggest

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:07:41 +0200

No Worries.
Jonathan has a patch available for his book, to upgrade it to the latest
Oracle version. The patch just replaces the 8i part of the picture with
the original background. I saw this at Hotsos 2004. Publishers think
they can boost sales by printing the latest version number on the cover.
It's a pity that on the long term good books suffer from this policy.
James even made his book free available in PDF on his website.

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
===