Re: Books to suggest

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:47:38 +0000

save your money. go here (dont have the link to the 10g docs handy...)
http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.homepage
read the 'concepts' document. skip the stuff on java. oracle has very good.
free documentation. downside is you have to read it online... i think you can
buy it from them to get it in book form.
If you really want to buy a book, try out 'Beginning Oracle Programming'. Skip
the PL/SQL chapters, they aren't that good. Best chapters in the book are
chapters 5-8.
OCP books are not very good for learning Oracle. The free docs are much better.