Re: Big question for data 'replication '

  • From: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: alever@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:36:05 +0200

Alessandro,
the error has nothing to do with sdo_geometry. Streams, up to 10gR2, does
not support user defined datatypes, including those defined by Oracle itself
(sdo_geometry, xmltypes, ....)

rgds

On 9/7/06, Alessandro Vercelli <alever@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Finished this morning to perform some test with Oracle Streams on a couple of DBs (exact copy of the production one) on a single host. Configuration is really simple to create but not all is working well as MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY datatype of Spatial is not supported (ORA-26744). Found any info on Metalink about this error related to SDO_GEOMETRY, could it be a bug?

Thanks,

Alessandro

> Hi Alessandro > > You can take a look at Oracle Streams too, it's built upon Replication - > should easily fit your needs > > Stefan > > > On 8/29/06, Alessandro Vercelli <alever@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > > > Hi all, > > I've inherited a couple of Oracle low-range servers, RedHat ES 3; each

<cut>

> > records, nearly; the schema works with Spatial feature enabled and
most
> > probably this has been the requirement for an expensive (and not easy

<cut>

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l