RE: logging as oracle using sudo

  • From: "Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <alever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:23:21 -0600

Yes - there are none.  Why/how could sudo hinder DB admin?  It is a Unix
tool that is used to give specific privileges to specific users
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudo).

Giving access to a group of people to any account is almost always a bad
idea.  Forcing the use of sudo allows for an audit log of account
access.

rr