Re: Big question for data 'replication '

  • From: "Alessandro Vercelli" <alever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle Freelists\.org" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:09:14 +0200

Finished this morning to perform some test with Oracle Streams on a couple of
DBs (exact copy of the production one) on a single host.
Configuration is really simple to create but not all is working well as
MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY datatype of Spatial is not supported (ORA-26744).
Found any info on Metalink about this error related to SDO_GEOMETRY, could it
be a bug?

Thanks,

Alessandro

> Hi Alessandro
>
> You can take a look at Oracle Streams too, it's built upon Replication -
> should easily fit your needs
>
> Stefan
>

> On 8/29/06, Alessandro Vercelli <alever@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > I've inherited a couple of Oracle low-range servers, RedHat ES 3; each

<cut>

> > records, nearly; the schema works with Spatial feature enabled and most
> > probably this has been the requirement for an expensive (and not easy

<cut>