RE: Background Checks for DBAs

  • From: "MacGregor, Ian A." <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:00:15 -0800

Management, are People with legitimate access.  I stand by my statement. The
access can also be indirect.  Not to long ago a truck was robbed which
contained tapes with credit card information.  The thieves left other
merchandise on the truck, strongly suggesting  that they had someone on the
inside.   If so the person would just had to have known when the tapes are sent
out.

I don't know of any DBA that has been convicted let alone charged with
information theft.  The opportunity is there  especially at sites which deal
with a lot of PII.

Ian