Re: AWR Viewer

  • From: "Jason Heinrich" <jheinrichdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle List" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 12:57:33 -0500

I know I've seen something before that states that Grid Control is included
with your database license, but I can't find it at the moment. As Brandon
stated, it's not in the price list.  The licensing document does state that
there is no fee for the repository database:

(
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/license.111/b28287/editions.htm#CJAHFHBJ
)
A separate Oracle Database can be installed and used as a Oracle Enterprise
Manager Grid Control (OEM Grid Control) repository without additional
license requirements, provided that all the targets (databases,
applications, and so forth) managed in this repository are correctly
licensed. This database may also be used for the RMAN repository. It may not
be used or deployed for other uses.

Now if you actually want Grid Control to be somewhat useful for anything
besides basic administration, then you'll need to license the management
packs, and those are definitely NOT free.

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Bort, Guillermo <guillermo.bort@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

I'm sorry to disagree, but grid control is NOT free. Database Control and AS
Control are included in db and oracleAS, but grid control is a separate
stand-alone product and it's license is a hefty sum.

--
Jason Heinrich