Re: AWE implementation on Windows 2000 - Potential solution for intermittent TNS-12560

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 22:48:39 -0300

This is a Siebel server, and for what I've been seeing, it doesn't even use
a connection pool... There is no apps dba, so I'm still investigating the
issue...

MTS is out of the question. I'd use it if it was a somewhat stable system
and we had a similar environment to test. But this is a 9i RAC on windows
2000... I can think of so many bugs that adding MTS would be inviting
trouble.

For now, we will wait and see what Oracle Support comes up with. The best
idea the've come up with so far is to reduce the SGA components so there is
more memory for user processes.... I thought of it some time ago, but it
requires some fine tuning work, which takes time... and I'm already in the
process of doing... so nothing interesting so far.
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional