Re: RMAN Confusion (Duplicate to past point in time)

  • From: "Haroon A. Qureshi" <haroon_a_qureshi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bradd Piontek <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:59:41 -0700 (PDT)

Chris,

RMAN duplicate recreates the controlfile as part of the duplicate process.
This happens after the datafiles are copied to the target server/database.

Are you getting a specific error from RMAN?  i ran into a similar situation
recently where RMAN complained that it couldn't find any datafiles to restore
and went back a few backups to do the restore.  I eventually ended up doing a
log switch on the source database and then it would use the backup i was
expecting it to use.

Hope this helps.
Haroon