Re: AWE implementation on Windows 2000 - Potential solution for intermittent TNS-12560

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tony van Lingen <tony_vanlingen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 02:43:15 -0300

Well, it has a mcAfee, I don't really manage the OS or AV. I have requested
the engineering team to add exceptions to the AV... they have yet to reply
or do anything...

In any case, this server is supposed to adhere to a standard, so disabling
services and or AV is not really an option... at least not directly.
Approval needs to be given by a dozen people before we can do anything of
the sort... but yes, I have made these recommendations already.

Thanks
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional