RE: AWE implementation on Windows 2000 - Potential solution for intermittent TNS-12560

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 15:46:10 -0400

Its been a while since I worked on these versions, but perhaps you are
running into a limit of 9i 32 bit ?  For instance, 32 bit 9i and 10g on
RedHat Linux have a practical limit of 1.7gb in the sga, unless you
resort to tricks like hugemem, hugepages or hugetlb in the kernel, then
relink Oracle 9i (no need to relink 10g).

Assuming that Siebel supports 10g, this would be a perfect candidate for
Oracle 10g RAC on Linux.