Re: ASM problems

  • From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: valpis@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 04:30:33 -0700 (PDT)

Just to clarify the reason I hope u are on 10.2.0.2 is becoz of the bugs
mentioned in
  alert Note 353065.1 on ML

  -Fairlie

Johan Eriksson <valpis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi

In our RAC environment (oracle 10.2 on linux, storage is in ASM, 2
node cluster) I should add a second diskgroup so that we could run
some bigger tests but instead of creating a new diskgroup I added it
to the existing group. Now I dont know how to remove it from the
group.

At the moment only one node is working , probably due to this error i made.

from sqlplus i get:
system@msrac1> select name, state from v$asm_disk;

NAME STATE
ORADATA1 NORMAL

but when looking in EM I also have a second disk ORADATA2 in state
FORCING, it shows 100% used but should have no data in it.

/johan

starting at 1&cent;/min.