Re: ASM problems

  • From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: valpis@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 04:14:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

  It is not clear from your mail what is the exact operation which has led to
this issue.
  Are there any errors in the alert.log of the ASM instance?

  You can try to force a rebalance on this node and check if it helps

  alter diskgroup ORADATA1 rebalance power 11;

  Also I hope u are on 10.2.0.2

  Regards,
  Fairlie

Johan Eriksson <valpis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi

In our RAC environment (oracle 10.2 on linux, storage is in ASM, 2
node cluster) I should add a second diskgroup so that we could run
some bigger tests but instead of creating a new diskgroup I added it
to the existing group. Now I dont know how to remove it from the
group.

At the moment only one node is working , probably due to this error i made.

from sqlplus i get:
system@msrac1> select name, state from v$asm_disk;

NAME STATE
ORADATA1 NORMAL

but when looking in EM I also have a second disk ORADATA2 in state
FORCING, it shows 100% used but should have no data in it.

/johan

          Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant

  http://el-caro.blogspot.com/