Re: ASM problems

  • From: "Johan Eriksson" <valpis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lawie, Duncan" <duncan.lawie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 16:09:46 +0200

Hi

On 10/5/06, Lawie, Duncan <duncan.lawie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Johan,

have you tried an /etc/init.d/oracleasm scandisks on the second node?  This
should, at least, allow the disk to be seen from both nodes.

On the second node:
[oracle@vobgperfmsdb02 ~]$ /etc/init.d/oracleasm scandisks
Scanning system for ASM disks:                             [  OK  ]
[oracle@vobgperfmsdb02 ~]$ /etc/init.d/oracleasm listdisks
ORADATA1

But given the error I made I think it is ok, I did add the new disk to
diskgroup ORADATA1

It looks like the select from v$asm_disk is being done in the RDBMS.  What do
you get if you do the select in your ASM instance?  Does it show the second
disk?  Is it a member of a disk group?

select d.name, d.state, g.name from
v$asm_disk d, v$asm_diskgroup g
where d.group_number = g.group_number

SQL> select d.name, d.state, g.name from v$asm_disk d, v$asm_diskgroup g where d.group_number = g.group_number 2 3 ;

NAME                           STATE    NAME
ORADATA1                       NORMAL   ORADATA1
ORADATA2                       FORCING  ORADATA1

So yes, It is a member of the group ORADATA1

If the second disk  isn't a member of a disk group you are OK.

If it is a member of a disk group, try dropping it from that group

alter diskgroup ORADATA1 drop disk WHATEVER;

and in this case the WHATEVER is ? not the devicename I suppose but
the disk name ORADATA2?