RE: 11gR1 on MacOSX

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:20:37 -0400

I agree, and with snapshot capabilities inside of the VM, it makes
testing oh-so-easy.  Plus, now that you can get a reasonably sized
laptop with 4GB of RAM or a bulky one with 8, it's feasible to run a
couple of VMs simultaneously.  I have run two windows and one Linux VM
at one time on my 4GB Mac laptop, and while I wouldn't recommend doing
any heavy gaming, I was still able to surf the web, ssh places, etc.

Matt