RE: 0% data loss setup ?

  • From: "Prem Khanna J" <jprem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 11:50:44 +0900

Hi Carel-Jan Engel ,

The ENV i tested is : oracle 9.2.0.4 / win2k .

I placed my online redo logs of primary database on a
networked drive , assuming that , even if my primary
database goes down , i will have the redo logs safe and
so i can manage (thought there would be some way)
to recover my standby with those online redo logs .

But when i tried to register this log file on the standby as :

SQL > alter database register physical logfile 'd:\redo1a.log' ;
ORA-16088 archive log has not been completely archived

So does it mean that even if the online redo log of primary
is protected , there is no way of using it to recover
standby database ? Can u shed some light on this ?

Regards,
Prem.