RE: 0% data loss setup ?

  • From: "John P Weatherman" <asahoshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:22:20 -0500

We have a similar "must never, ever lose a single committed transaction"
requirement here.  To meet it, we are using Dataguard.  With MAXIMUM
PROTECTION and Sync Affirm transactions to the Physical Standby, commits do
not complete/return control to the session until the log record is written
to the Physical Standby site.  The down side is, lose the Physical and
transactions stop on the primary as well.  As with most things, there is a
cost.

FWIW,

John P Weatherman
Oracle Database Administrator
Advance America

archived log to tape ASAP(using RMAN).

>       In this case, if we have a half redo and the machine hosting the DB
server crashes, how would we recover( Assuming the half redo is lost)?

> Best Regards
>
> Sriram Kumar

intended only for the individual named.If you are not the intended
recipient you should not disseminate,distribute,store,print, copy or
deliver this message.Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
system.E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free
as information could be intercepted,corrupted,lost,destroyed,arrive late or
incomplete or contain viruses.The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required
please request a hard-copy version.