0% data loss setup ?

  • From: "Prem Khanna J" <jprem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:42:19 +0900

Hi List,

We will be soon having a system and it requires
strictly 0% data loss in any case . Not even a
single commited transaction should be lost.

The setup will be 9iR2 on win2k .

Standby database (max protection mode) may be a
choice.But the primary DB tends to go down if it
is not able to communicate with standby DB.this
reduces the availability of my primary DB and so
is not my option.And standby database in ( max
availability mode) can have data loss and hence
is ruled out.

any HA suggestion ?!
can someone let me know how it can be acheived ?

Regards,
Prem.