[optimal] Re: Zeiss Cirrus problem

  • From: "Egnatz, Thomas James" <tegnatz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:28:20 -0500

We have a Cirrus networked to the downtown office for archiving. The Stratus was sent to the office in Mooresville.

Tom

Quoting "Stuart, B. Alfred, B.S., C.R.A., O.C.T-C" <stuart.alfred@xxxxxxxxx>:

Tom,
Do you run a Stratus or a Cirrus?  I know in the end not much difference
but from an IT point maybe?

Stuart Alfred, B.S., C.R.A., O.C.T.-C
528 North Bauman Street
Indianapolis, IN  46214
stuart.alfred@xxxxxxxxx
317 517-9455 cell
www.stuartalfred.com

On 12/11/13 3:35 PM, "Egnatz,  Thomas James" <tegnatz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lori,

Our hard drive crashed a year ago, but after replacement (still under
warranty) it worked fine.  A month ago we got an "galvo motors" error
message.  The field engineer checked motors, mother board, another
board, power supply, etc.

The only thing left was the computer module, and that fixed it.  Seems
to work fine now.

My wife at her work has dealt with a client for six weeks because of a
problem transferring files from her office to the client's.  Many
emails, meetings,  conference calls and UPSET MANAGERS:  the client
said it was a problem at the my wife's office, my wife checked
everything out and said it must be at the client's (both have IT
support that is contracted out).  Finally the IT at the client's
replaced the server involved at their end.

What followed was three days of uninterrupted file transfers, and a lot
of silence from the client.

I bet the problem is network/server related.  If you have a department
IT guy, he needs to check it out.  Maybe he could try plugging in a new
server, and go from there.  If everything checks out, call Zeiss again.

Good luck.

Tom

Hello all

Having a problem with the Cirrus OCT - for the first three years that
I've been using this machine I have been able to do mac cubes and
rnfls OU, then just as soon as the machine was done moving from
finishing the scans, would be able to analyze the scans for printing.
 I could quickly review the scans make sure I had all the info I
wanted or if any scans needed additional takes. All was peachy.

Then blue screen of death that the harddrive was in serious trouble,
machine crashing, ... .  Now, service call in, repairs made, the
motherboard was replaced, the machine has slowed down to a snails
pace - have time to walk the patient back to the waiting area, then
am only able to analyze the first mac cube, and have to keep waiting
an additional two-three minutes before being able to start the
analysis on the second mac cube, never mind the rnfls!

What is the cause of this delay?  I was told it was a server issue
(being in a remote office), but the server is in our primary office
and that machine has had these delay issues from day one!!!  The
machine I use was the fast one.

I don't buy the 'server' being the problem, but haven't gotten any
more credible answers to what the problem is.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

Lori Guerette, CRA COA

[mailto:justhitanykey@xxxxxxxxxxx] justhitanykey@xxxxxxxxxxx if you