[optimal] Re: Film scanner w/feeder

  • From: "Anderson, Sandra" <sandra.anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 15:50:17 +0000

Alex is flying to TN on Sunday as his cold weather gear is here. Then he will
be confined with me in the car for ten hours while we drive to PA on Monday
which doesn’t leave much time, unfortunately. He also has to be back in FL the
following Sunday. However, I may make a two week trip in the spring and am
hoping to include State College, your area and Philly in that one. Hope to
visit then!

From: <Bennett>, Tim Bennett
<tbennett1@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:tbennett1@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:38 AM
To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

I’ll do it for half that ;-)

tim

From: <Verdick>, Randall E
<randall-verdick@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:randall-verdick@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:52 AM
To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

Hi Tim
We have done similar project. Very, very time consuming. We stille have the
Nikon 5000 and it is SLOW. What we did was put a digital camera on a slide
projector and load slide trays – went much faster and the resolution was good.
We also had a slide projector converted to a slide cleaner called the “car
wash”. It used compressed air to blow dust off the slides, which were dirty –
even in slide sleeves.  This is now set upo at a Kinkos Copy center here I
believe. You might consider outsourcing this massive project?

Randall Verdick, FOPS
Educational Media Coordinator
Department of Ophthalmology
University of Iowa