[optacon-l] Re: turning up intensity

  • From: dacoleman@xxxxxxx
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 21:02:10 -0600

> I tend to change the threshold but keep the intensity all the way up.

Hi, all,

     My late wife, Rita, taught me from the beginning to run the intensity
control all the way up and the threshold as low as gave me a good
signal.  There i go, using ham radio lingo!  Old hams like me,
perhaps Don Bishop and others on this list, may remember the old days
when we read Morse code on those old receivers.  We ran the audio
gain controls (here, read "intensity") all the way up and the radio
frequency gain (threshold) just high enough to yield a good signal.
The optacon 'signal' is as sharp and clear as it's ever going to be
when you follow thatt procedure.  And yes, Mary, it feels most like
braille.

Regards, Don